1. Age isn’t a sign of maturity. You can be an irresponsible, commitment-phobic twit at 20, 30, 40 and older.
2. Habits you’ve carried on from your teens and 20s die hard, be it smoking, mid-week partying or not doing the dishes.
3. Being comfortable in your own skin and with your own style is the most attractive look.
4. Whether you’re 20 or 40, everyone is trying to make their life work and everyone is stressed about one thing or another.
5. Your career won’t follow a neat straight line. But if you do what’s right for you at that moment, you’ll gradually move in the right direction.
6. You’ll go through more failed relationships than you’d like. You may even get married and then divorced. But you’ll always find someone who’ll make you smile again.
7. You’re continuously growing, learning and making new mistakes. There’ll never come a day when you have all the answers.
8. Don’t date people who are still in relationships. They may say that they’ll leave their partners for you… But from general consensus they won’t. You’re the one who’ll lose out.
9. Get some perspective: that mistake or that person probably won’t be important in a month’s time, let alone in a year. Calm down and invest your energy in something positive.
10. You can’t become wise without having to suffer for it.
Don’t miss it!! :)
Perseid Meteor Shower
Not as great as last year but still worthy of watching. The Full Moon will compete with the shower this year, lowering the peak-rates to around 40 or 60 meteors per hour at best, even in the darkest of skies. The peak time is Aug 10-13 but you can see meteors for about a week before and after, so start watching now! The earlier you watch, the less the moon will be in the way, so watching a few days before the peak might actually be better if not the same. For more stargazing events this month, see What’s Up for August. Also, Semi-Relevant/Informative post from last year